Notes to Passengers
1. Do not board or alight until the vessel berthed and boarding or alighting is allowed at specified gangplank only.
2. Passengers must pay attention and be careful when boarding and alighting the vessel. Please take care of your children and elderly at all times.
3. Please keep the pier and ship clean. Passengers should take good care of environmental sanitation, and should not spit or throw rubbish anywhere.
4. Smoking, gambling and causing any inconvenience to other passengers are prohibited on board and at pier.
5. Passengers are not allowed to bring outside food and beverage into the vessel, exclude baby food and reasonable quantity of water for personal consumption.
6. Accompanied personal luggage or items should not exceed 26 in.(H) × 20 in.(W) × 12 in.(D) in size. Accompanied luggage should not be placed on seats, accessible channels, in front of gangplanks and (generator room/ engine room). For bringing any oversized items onboard, passengers must store luggage at the pier service center and our company will not be responsible for all losses of the luggage.
7. Owing to the carrier responsibility resulting the carry-on baggage wholly or partially loss or less, the carrier shall bear the indemnity. The amount of indemnity shall be calculated by Twenty Hong Kong Dollars per each kilogram (HK$20/kg). The maximum indemnity amount is Six Hundred Hong Kong Dollars (HK$600). The indemnity of damaged carry-on baggage shall refer to the degree of its damage, but shall not exceed the maximum indemnity amount of loss or less.
8. If the carry-on baggage is loss or less, the passengers shall ask the carrier for indemnity within one month from the carry-on baggage loss date. Any delay shall not be accepted. The carrier shall give the result of the indemnity to the person whom asked for indemnity within one month after receiving the requirement document. Even the indemnity is refused, it shall promptly inform the other side.
9. No flammable substances, gas, explosives or other dangerous goods classified by the Hong Kong Government are allowed on board.
10. No pets or poultry are allowed on board (provided that this restriction shall not apply to guide dogs-accompanying the blind or visually impaired person).
11. An adult aged 18 or above with a valid ticket is allowed to bring a child aged below 2 and of a height below 95 cm travelling for free provided that the child does not occupy a seat. Children aged above two and under twelve years old shall pay child fare. Failure to provide any proof of the age of the child with height exceed 95cm will be considered to be deemed to have reached the age of 2 years old.
12. Passengers can use Cash, WeChat Pay, Alipay or Credit Card to purchase tickets. There is no refund for all paid fare.
13. Passengers should not board or attempt to board the ship after being informed it reaches its licensed carrying capacity.
14. The service schedule of Oriental Pearl may be adjusted depending on sea traffic or weather conditions. The company will not notify on advance.
15. Passengers must cooperate with the staff to present the vessel tickets when they request for ticket verification.
16.Responsibility of passenger casualties:
Due to the carrier’s responsibility resulting the passenger casualties, the carrier shall handle it. The carrier shall not take any responsibility of passenger casualties which is not caused by the carrier or the reasons are the force majeure.
17.Responsibility of any loss or damage of passengers’ belongings
Owing to the carrier responsibility resulting the passengers’ belongings loss or damage , the carrier shall bear the indemnity and the carrier shall not take any responsibility of any loss or damage of passengers’ belongings that is not caused by the carrier or caused by the force majeure.
The amount of indemnity by the carrier for loss or damage to the passengers’ belongings shall be calculated according to the value of the place where the carrier is located.
18.Settlement of disputes
In the event of a dispute between the carrier and the passenger, the carrier shall immediately take the initiative to coordinate with the passenger, and the passenger shall not delay disembarkation due to the dispute. If the carrier and the passenger can not reach an agreement, it can be settled through court proceedings. Any disputes and indemnity requirement causing by this notice is arbitrated by the Court of Hong Kong SAR and this notice shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong SAR.
19. The company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at anytime without prior notice. In case of dispute, the decision of the Company shall be final.
20. These Terms and Conditions are prepared in Chinese and English. In case of any conflict or discrepancy between the two versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.